Thursday, March 26

The Vampire Strikes Again

First, my brother's blog from yesterday is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. It spoke to how we are all feeling. I am teaching Hannah to play bridge and she has already said she will help Grandpa play when he gets home. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful child.

They gave Dad two units of packed blood cells last night. His red blood cell count was below normal, his white cell count was slightly up, his hemoglobin was wayyyyy down, as was his albumin. Mom indicates Dad was anemic before he had his stroke but after everything he has been through it appears the anemia is much worse. They are running tests just to make sure he does not have an infection. Hopefully the blood will give him the energy he so desperately needs to get on with rehab.

Everyone in the family has had the stomach flu and now Mom has it. Mom is tired too from everything that has happened over the past couple months. Mom has been such a trooper and I think we have been so focused on Dad we sometimes forget about Mom. Please have Mom in your prayers too.

I will call this afternoon to check on Dad and will post an update on the blog as soon as I hear.

Thank you all for your prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment