Saturday, March 28

Food From God's Wonderful Earth

Dad got to eat "real food" yesterday. He got to eat cantaloupe and pineapple and from what I've heard was in heaven!!!!!! He has been able to attend therapies every day since he has his blood transfusion. He still doesn't have a great deal of energy but compared to the fact he wasn't able to do therapy at all before the transfusions this is a hugh improvement.

Mom continues to recover from the flu. From what Matt tells us half of Richmond seems to have come down with this stuff. We are very lucky that Dad has not gotten it.

Terry did not have a chance last weekend to see Dad so she is making the trip to Richmond today. It is still rainy and yucky so I hope she is VERYYYYY careful going over Afton Mountain. Hannah is extremely upset at her mother (me) for not taking her to Richmond this weekend. Since Mom isn't feeling up to company I didn't want to have too many people descending on Dad and, while I know it sounds selfish, I've used all my sick leave and I don't want to take the chance of getting anyone in the family sick and having to be off work. I have one more week of work and then I'm off until after Easter so I keep telling myself that it's o.k. to take one weekend to get some very sorely needed chores done.

I want to thank everyone who has called and checked on Dad and who are following the blog. I have a list of people who I feel I need to call personally and I apologize to everyone who I've not called this week. It has been a busy week at work and I find I am not working at my usual speed and efficiency because part of my brain is always on the folks. Some days I come home so tired and when the choice is a nap or the phone I have been choosing the nap. Sorry everyone.... I'll try to do better this week.

The blog this morning is rambling.... again sorry everyone. As you can probably tell, my part of the blog reflects my mood and current emotions, which are normally pretty close to the surface. This morning my mood is just like the blog, rambling...... I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will write more once I get a report from Terry today. God bless you all!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment