Monday, March 30

He's on a roll----at last (hopefully) knock on wood and if God willing

Do you ever have the feeling if you say something positive you will jinx it? Well, this is where I am right now. My father is a wonderful Christian man, but this does not stop him from being one of the most superstitious people I know. If you have ever seen my father spill salt and have to throw it over his shoulder or walk across the street to avoid a black cat you would understand. This is how I feel now. I feel as if I should be knocking on wood and rubbing a rabbit's foot along with my prayers. My father has actually had several good days in a row--especially today. He was read three stories and remembered all of the details (way to go with the attention span), physical therapy is going well and he gets to eat a small meal tomorrow. Dad is proud of himself as we all are. I am just a little afraid to say anything, I might jinx it and he will start going down the roller coaster again. I know in my heart God understands and probably gets a laugh at me going through my den knocking on all my wood paneled walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment