Sunday, April 12

4/12/09 (Easter Sunday) -- Faith of our Father


As long as I have known him, my father has been a man of faith.  Like many men of his generation, he came to the Church during war.  I have never heard him waiver in his devotion or question his faith.  I have, frankly, always admired this in him, particularly given the struggles I've had throughout my own life figuring out exactly what I do and do not believe.

One thing I do know is that Dad's faith has been a comfort to him throughout this ordeal, particularly in those moments early on when things seemed pretty bleak.  Today is Easter Sunday, a day of hope, and on this day it seems especially appropriate to note and appreciate this special aspect of our father's character.

Happy Easter, Dad.

And Happy Easter to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment