Wednesday, February 25

Wednesday February 25, 2009

Finally a Few Answers - As I write this Dad is on his way back to UVA Medical Center. They got the results of testing back this afternoon and found that he has C Diff, short for Clostridium difficile. It's a nasty bacteria most frequently brought on by killing the natural bacteria in a person's stomach with antibiotics. It is often found in hospitals and nursing homes. The good news is they began treating him for it last night even before they got the results of the test. Due to the concern of monitoring him more closely and the fact that he isn't able to participate in rehab, feeling so bad, they decided to transfer him back to the regular hospital.

They have pretty much ruling out an infection in his heart since they found out he had C Diff. He also won't have to be transported back and forth for testing, etc.  He has to be admitted through the emergency room. What a bummer. (I don't like roller coasters at amusement parks and I definitely don't like feeling as if I'm on one with my Dad). There's nothing we can do though so I guess we'll all just hold on.

Matt, bless him, is on his way from Richmond to the hospital now.

We'll keep everyone updated. Thanks for your support!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you all for creating this blog. I am thinking of Uncle Chuck often these days, and I wish him the best.

    ReplyDelete